박현귀 Hyun-Gwi Park
- Name: 박현귀 Hyun-Gwi Park
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Affiliation: The University of Cambridge
- 2008 PhD, Department of Social Anthropology and Girton College, the University of Cambridge, UK
- 2001 MPhil, Department of Social Anthropology and Girton College, the University of Cambridge, UK
- 1997 MA, Department of Anthropology, Graduate School of Social Science, Seoul National University, South Korea
- 1994 BA, Department of Foreign Language Education (English), Ewha Womans University, South Korea
- 2013- Research Fellow, Clare Hall, University of Cambridge
- 2012-15 Participating member of research network for a project, ‘Where rising powers meet: China and Russia at their North Asian border’, Mongolia and Inner Asia Study Unit, Division of Social Anthropology, University of Cambridge, funded by ESRC
- 2011- Research Associate, Department of East Asian Studies, Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, University of Cambridge
- 2008-2013 Undergraduate supervision "small group or one-to-one teaching" for courses offered by the Department of Social Anthropology, University of Cambridge (Wolfson College, Newnham College, St Edmund College, Fitzwilliam College & Hugh’s Hall)
- 2009-10 Research Associate (ESRC Postdoctoral Research Fellow), Department of Social Anthropology, Cambridge University
- 2003-4 Visiting graduate student, September 2002-August 2004, Department of International Cooperation, Faculty of Oriental Languages, Ussuriisk Pedagogical Institute, Primorskii Krai, Russia
- 1998 Instructor, ‘Introduction to Anthropology’, Chung-Nam National University, South Korea, July-August 1998.
- 1997-8 Research Assistant for the project, “Prospect for the Consumer Trend in the 21st Century”, LG Communicatopia Institute, South Korea, July
- 1997-February 1998.
- 1997 Instructor, ‘Culture and Personhood’, Kang-won National University, South Korea / Instructor, ‘Introduction to Anthropology’, Bucheon Catholic University, South Korea
- 1995 Research Assistant at Yuido Institute of Policy and Politics, South Korea
- Accepted, ‘Introduction’ to Special Issue, ‘Tumen River as the Borderland of Northeast Asia’, Asian Perspective. Forthcoming in 2016.
- Accepted, ‘One river and three states: the Tumen River triangle and the legacy of the post-socialist transition’, Asian Perspective. Forthcoming in 2016.
- 2015, ‘A house of our own: diaspora politics among Koreans in the Russian Far East’, The Asia Pacific Journal of Anthropology 16(5): 431-447.
- 2013 ‘The ‘multicultural family’ and the politics of selective inclusion in South Korea’, British Association of Korean Studies Paper Vol. 15: 5-19.
- 2013 ‘Migration regime among Koreans in Primorskii Krai, Russia’, Inner Asia Vol. 15: 77-99.
- 2009 ‘Hard-work and autonomy of Koreans in the Russian Far East: focusing on greenhouse cultivation’, Korean Cultural Anthropology 42(1): 81-110. [in Korean]
- 2009 Book Review of Soul Hunters: Hunting, Animism, and Personhood among the Siberian Yukaghirs (by R. Willerslev 2007 University of California Press), Cambridge Anthropology 28(1).
- 1998 co-authored with Kim, S. and Choi, W. The Prospect of Cultural Desire in the 21st Century in Korea, Research Report, LG Communicatopia Institute, Seoul, Korea