Dal Yong Jin
- Name: Dal Yong Jin
- Nationality: Canada
- Affiliation: Simon Fraser University
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, Illinois Ph. D., Institute of Communications Research, October 2005
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas M.P.A. (Master of Public Affairs) at the Lyndon B. Johnson School (LBJ), August 2000
- Yonsei University Graduate School, Seoul, Korea. M.A. in Public Policy, August 1988
- Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea. B. A. in Public Administration, February 1986
- Associate Professor, School of Communication, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada September 2012-present
- Director of CPROST, Center for Policy Research on Science and Technology (CPROST), Simon Fraser University, Researcher September 2011- present
- Visiting Associate Professor, School of Communication, Yonsei University, Korea September 2014-August 2015
- Adjunct Associate Professor, International Summer Campus, Korea University, Korea June 2015-August 2015
- Associate Professor, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Korea, Master Program of Science Journalism, School of Humanities and Social Science Fall 2009- Spring 2011
- Visiting Researcher, Rikkyo University, Tokyo, Japan May- June 2014
- Research Associate, Center for Intercultural New Media Research, Marquette University, USA September 2011- present
- Assistant Professor, School of Communication, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada July 2006–April 2012
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Communication, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA Fall 2005-Spring 2006
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Institute of Communications Research, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Fall 2004-Spring 2005
- Micky Lee and Jin, Dal Yong (2017, under contract). The Business of Media in a Multi-Platform Age. London: Routledge.
- Jin, Dal Yong (2017, in press). Smartland Korea: mobile communication, culture, and society. Ann Arbor, MI: The University of Michigan Press.
- Jin, Dal Yong (ed.) (2016, in press). Mobile Gaming in Asia: Politics, Culture and Emerging Technologies. New York: Springer.
- Jin, Dal Yong (2016). New Korean Wave: transnational cultural power in the age of social media. Urbana, IL: University of Illinois Press.
- Jin, Dal Yong (2015). Digital Platforms, Imperialism and Political Culture. London: Routledge.
- Jin, Dal Yong (2015). Theories of Science Journalism (과학저널리즘 이론, in Korean). Seoul: Hanul.
- Jin, Dal Yong (2013). De-Convergence of Global Media Industries. New York: Routledge.
- Jin, Dal Yong and Florian Schneider (2016, Special Issue). The Dynamics of Digital Play in Asia. Asiascape: Digital Asia (DIAS) 3(1/2): 1-111.
- Jin, Dal Yong and Nissim Otmazgin (2014, Special Issue). The Emergence of Asian Cultural Industries: Policies, Strategies, and Trajectories. Pacific Affairs 87(1): 43-114.
- Jin, Dal Yong (2010, Special Issue). Games and Culture: Asia-Pacific Perspective. Iowa Journal of Communication 42(1): 1-94.