Mark Peterson (Brigham Young University 교수)
|Name in Latin Alphabet:||Mark Peterson|
|Affiliation:||Brigham Young University|
- 1971 Brigham Young University, BA Asian Studies and Anthropology
- 1973 Harvard University, MA, Regional Studies--East Asia
- 1987 Harvard University, PhD, East Asian Languages & Civilization
- 1978-1983 Executive Director, Korean-American Educational (Fulbright) Commission, Seoul, Korea
- 1984-present Brigham Young University
- Korean Adoption and Inheritance: Case Studies in the Creation of a Classic Confucian Society, Cornell East Asia Series, (awarded Yeonnam Prize for best book on Korea that year) 1996.
- Yugyo sahoe ui ch’angch’ul: Choson chunggi ibyangje wa sangsokche ui pyonhwa (The emergence of Confucian society: Changes in inheritance and adoption in the middle of the Choson dynasty), Seoul: Ilchogak, 2000.
- Korean Women: View from the Inner Room, ed. by Laurel Kendall and Mark Peterson (New Haven: East Rock Press, 1984).
- A Brief History of Korea, Facts on File, New York 2010
- Korean Religious Places, Academy of Korean Studies, 2016
- and numerous articles in journals and books.
- 1998-2000 Chair, CKS (Committee Korean Studies) a subcommittee of AAS (the Association for Asian Studies)
- In recent years, numerous lectures and training programs for American textbook writers, secondary school teachers, Korean Heritage Schools across the US and in Korea. Editor-in-Chief. Korea Journal.